Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Holy Week and Easter at Christ Church

Palm Sunday processional cross.
It was a wonderful Holy Week and Easter at Christ Church this year! The older I get the more I look forward to appreciate each of the Holy Week services and I think the Easter Vigil is my favorite service of the year. I wanted to post some pictures from our week. Unfortunately, I don't have photos of every service, but am including what I do have for you to enjoy!

Monday Sung Compline.
The altar for Sung Compline.
Foot washing from the Maundy Thursday Service for families.
More foot washing.
Good Friday altar.
Good Friday cross.
First fire of Easter at the Easter Vigil.
Lighting the paschal candle for the Easter Vigil procession.
Baptism at the Easter Vigil.
Easter Day with butterflies!
Baptismal font and paschal candle at Easter.
The Easter Egg Hunt after Church.
Visiting with the Easter Bunny at the Egg Hunt.
Having fun with the Easter Bunny!
Thank you to everyone who helped to make our Holy Week and Easter services possible, and to everyone who attended!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you're new to commenting on blogs, I recommend that you "Comment as" Name/URL. You can use your real first name or a nickname. URL is the address of a website that you want to be linked with your name - feel free to leave it blank if you don’t have one. Before your comment is accepted, you have to pass a spam filter. After clicking on 'post comment' or 'preview', just type in the sequence of letters you will then see (or click on the wheelchair for a recording of characters to type). Thanks for reading and commenting!