Friday, September 7, 2012

Cleaning Days!

At this time of year, when I am feeling relaxed and rested after a great summer with my family and after weeks of attending Church as a participant rather than a leader, I'm drawn to the Catechesis. I have the urge to look over my album pages and class notes and reread books by Sofia Cavalletti and Maria Montessori. I want to ponder new ideas for atrium, and think about the children who I'll be working with in the coming year.  I long to wander around the atrium, exploring materials, and rearranging the room to better suit the needs of the children.

In reality, my job as Christian Formation Director keeps me very busy as the year takes off. I need to update our database and brochures and reach out to families. I need to recruit volunteers and work out calendars!


One difficult task that looms at this time of year is cleaning our atria. It's amazing how dirty our shelves and window sills and trays and tiny pieces can become. Markers dry up. Spiders move in. It's a daunting task, and not one that I enjoy!


But the truth is cleaning is an important part of preparing the environment. Our desire is for the children to discover a clean, orderly, and beautiful space the very first time they walk through the atrium door. That's why I am so grateful to the group of wonderful women who came in to clean for three hours on Wednesday! The True Vine Atrium looks fantastic, and the Golden Thread Atrium isn't far behind. Thank you so much to Sarah, Shirley, Hope, and Deb for volunteering, and thanks to everyone who is coming in to clean this weekend. Your efforts help to make the atrium an inviting place for God and the child to meet!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you're new to commenting on blogs, I recommend that you "Comment as" Name/URL. You can use your real first name or a nickname. URL is the address of a website that you want to be linked with your name - feel free to leave it blank if you don’t have one. Before your comment is accepted, you have to pass a spam filter. After clicking on 'post comment' or 'preview', just type in the sequence of letters you will then see (or click on the wheelchair for a recording of characters to type). Thanks for reading and commenting!