Thursday, March 1, 2012

Resources for Lent

Lent is underway! Has the more quiet, contemplative feeling of the season taken hold in your life and family yet? Here are a few resources to help you on your Lenten journey!
  • Follow Christ Church parishioners and our priest, the Rev. Peter Faass who are blogging daily reflections on the book "A Practical Christianity" by Jane Shaw at Peter's Musings
  • Take part in Lent Madness! Each day you can learn about two saints and vote for your favorite! This is a tournament-like single elimination bracket like March Madness and would be fun for youth as well as adults.
  • Check out these wonderful two minute videos by the Brothers of the Society of St. John the Evangelist on Living a Rule of Life. They are posting a new video each day in Lent.
Bring the season of Lent to life for yourself and for your family!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Leslie, We'd love it if you would post any of your Lent posts, old or new, on the Celebrating Lent Link-Up. Your posts are a great resource that others would like to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, You read my mind! I was just thinking today that I should link up. I've never done it before but I'm enjoying you links a lot so I'll give it a try in my next post. Thanks for thinking of me!

      Delete
    2. :) :) we'd love you to join us! :) :)

      Delete

I love comments! If you're new to commenting on blogs, I recommend that you "Comment as" Name/URL. You can use your real first name or a nickname. URL is the address of a website that you want to be linked with your name - feel free to leave it blank if you don’t have one. Before your comment is accepted, you have to pass a spam filter. After clicking on 'post comment' or 'preview', just type in the sequence of letters you will then see (or click on the wheelchair for a recording of characters to type). Thanks for reading and commenting!